GDPR AND PERSONAL DATA
From 25 May 2018 new laws came into effect which governed how companies, organisations, and public institutions in the EU process personal data. This means that we are responsible for managing any personal data we hold about you.
For example we will ask you for personal data when:
YOU APPLY FOR A PLACE OR BUY A TICKET FOR ONE OF OUR EVENTS
When you apply for or buy a ticket, your personal data is stored in various files and spreadsheets that allow us to track payments, player choices, and casting. If you use online payment, Avalon larp studio does not receive any personal information.
WHEN YOU FILL OUT THE PRE_EVENT QUESTIONNAIRE
There is a set of data that we need about our participants to ensure that they are safe and well fed. For example we will collect data concerning any food allergies or intolerances, or medical conditions that we may need to be aware of. After an event is over, all personal data of this nature will be deleted within 7 days.
YOU SIGN UP FOR THE NEWSLETTER?
When you sign up for the newsletter, you share your email and possibly your name with us. You can always delete these data by unsubscribing in the actual newsletter. When you unsubscribe, any data on you will be deleted and gone forever.
If you have any questions relating GDPR you are always welcome to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Avalon larp studio (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the www.avalonlarp.studio website and provides the opportunity to take part in live role-playing experiences (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data and the choices you have associated with that data.
We use your data to provide and improve our larps. By signing up to play, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
- Personal Data
- Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Controller
- Data Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information are, or are to be, processed.
- Data Processors (or Service Providers)
- Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
- We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject (or User)
- Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may also collect information how the website is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our website.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Avalon larp studio uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in our larps and to communicate with you about those larps
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our website
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Avalon larp studio may process your Personal Data because:
- You have applied to join or booked on to one of our events
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
Transfer of Data
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Avalon larp studio may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Avalon larp studio may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Avalon larp studio
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Avalon larp studio aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Avalon larp studio relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
We occasionally provide Service to persons under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We will only collect the minimum set of personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. And only from that person’s legal parent or guardian. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.